Happy 3rd Birthday Ryan !

We decided to have a birthday party for Ryan. His actual birthday is July 12th, but since we were back home for the summer we figured the little guy needed a party with his "friends". I am not taking anything away from the day at the river with Nana and Popo because Ryan talks about it all the time.


So here I go doing what I do best....become a total control freak. First thing first, find a place to have the party. Being here we don't have a lot of places to choose from so we opted for a place called Vanilla (http://www.vanillaplace.com/). It is the closest thing we have here to a gymboree.
Next was the decorations,that was a no brainer...

MICKEY MOUSE !!!!


Luckily, I stopped at Party City before coming back. I then realized I needed balloons, a face painter and a jumping balloon so I call on my trusty sidekick "Mustafa" (our old driver). He jumped at the change to do anything for Ryan so he made a couple of calls and everything was set. Out went the invitations and 16 kids RSVP that they were coming. The big day finally came. The party was set from 4 to 7 so at 2 I decided to head to the venue and make sure everything was under control (Remember I am a control freak). I just about lost it....NOBODY was were. I called Mustafa and wondered where he was (had my trusty sidekick finally let me down)......NO WAY! He was picking up the balloons himself. So around 3 the jumping castle was up and balloons were being blown up so I left to pick up the cake and get ready. At 4pm we returned to Vanilla and waited for guests, and waited and waited...after all this is India and nothing starts on time here. The first guest showed up at 4:30...Hurray Cameron! After that they started arriving one right after another and the party was well under way. As you can see from the pictures, this could have been a UN meeting. We had kids from all parts of the world (Finland,Sweden,Colombia,India,US,Korea,Denmark) it was like having our own "It's a Small World".
Please enjoy the slideshow, I am not going to bore you with commentary on each photo.






The party was a hit and Ryan had a blast. Parents commented on what a great party it was....so another birthday party under my belt and at least I have until January before the next one.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE BOY !!!!!!!!




On a different note.........................the girls changed the design. ENJOY !!!!!

4 Responses
  1. Joni Says:

    Looked like a lot of fun--wish we could have been there!!

    Can't wait to see the BIG party to follow in January!!

    Love the blog!!!!!


  2. Unknown Says:

    Darlene, this blog is so cool! I've learned so much already just from reading this! What an adventure your family is having. We do miss the Armijo family here too. Come play poker next Saturday night! :-) Kristi Moncrief


  3. Sistah Says:

    I did it! I did it! I'm a blogger! So I was so excited that I got to see Ryan, Carissa and Pepe, oops I mean Ben. I wanna see you but I suppose somebody has to take the pictures, right? anyway, guess this really isn't gonna be as bad as I thought.
    Talk to you soon!
    love and miss ya!


  4. Michelle Says:

    Good job mom! What a fun party! I love Mickey!
    Great new design!