A Day in the Life......

All I can really say about today is that I did absolutely nothing. As my Nana (grandmother) would say....The life of Riley. I really never understood what that meant until today.
It started out this morning with my last PTA meeting at Treasurer. Just to give you some background, this PTA was more political than this years upcoming election. (Joni, I thought I had left PGSA, but it followed me to India :o)). After the new board was elected and the meeting was over me and my three good friends decided to go for coffee at 10:30.
So, a Phillipino, a Sri Lankan, an Oregeonian and a Texan all walk into a restuarant.......No this is not start of a bad joke!!!! But the beginning of a long day.....
We get to the restraurant and starting discussing what had happened during the meeting, we even went as far as taking out our crystal balls and started predicting the future. By the time we new it, the resturant started setting up for lunch, this was 12:00. We has just finished our coffee and figured we are here we might as well eat. So we ordered our lunch and kept talking and discussing life. We talked and talked and talked until we realized it was 3:00, time for us to head to school to pick up the kids. I say my day was not productive, but sometimes just hanging out with friends is more fullfilling than running a million errands.
I see it as four different views, four different cultures, but 1 group of friends trying to live in India one day at a time.

To all my friends in Texas, new and old, I hope Hurricane Ike takes a detour. Please stay safe

On a different note, I am sorry to say that our design has not changed. By dont worry, there is one in the making....
1 Response
  1. Michelle Says:

    Thank you Darlene for checking in on us! We're definately counting our blessings in the aftermath of Ike!